Thursday, July 4, 2013

Freedom

True freedom only comes with a surrender, complete submission, to God.  We live in the 'land of the free', a culture that puts a premier price on being able to exercise our freedoms.  Those freedoms used to be tied to our Creator, but now they've morphed into whatever we want them to be.  But the Truth will always be our source of freedom.  God must always be the core of our lives ....and even when He is, we wrestle with taking hold ourselves and defining freedom from an individual perspective, based largely on what 'pleases' us, what makes us most comfortable and happy ....even if we couch it in terms of faith.
And so ....God, knowing our struggles and our hearts deepest, true desire to be fully in union with Him, offers us the opportunity to approach Him.  Some of us need that theme over and over again in our lives, new challenges that humble us, break us.  I know I'm a challenging student, so He offers me lots of things to draw me out of myself and into Him. I'm glad he hasn't given up on me.  He never gives up on any of us!
After last weeks surgery, my sister did not get good news.  It is not what she wanted or expected to hear.  I beg prayers once again for her.  God is offering her true freedom, and it is a grueling path.   May the angels and saints guide her, and all her loved ones, gone before her, walk with her.
Blessed Freedom to you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment